Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- We ask you to add at least 3 references to journals from https://onlinejournals.org if possible. Furthermore, without good reasons, your submission should not have more than 3 self-citations.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- In Step 3: Metadata: fill in ALL authors (use “Add Contributor” button). Choose one corresponding author (primary contact) and use your institutional email addresses.
- The text is written in English and meets this journal’s formatting requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Articles will be accepted only in English.
- Use IEEE citation style (IEEE Citation Reference).
- Articles may be rejected if not formatted as in the Template.
- An article can have 1 corresponding author (primary contact) who
- handles all editorial communication
- will receive the invoice
- will receive the page proof and will be responsible for its approval
- Use your institutional email address in the journal metadata and the article itself and check spam on a regular basis
What should you submit?
Submitted contributions undergo a double-blind review. In order to make this possible, please:
- Submit an anonymized file without the authors’ names.
- Once your paper is accepted, please upload a final DOC, DOCX or RTF version with the authors’ names in it. Please do not forget to add the authors directly below the paper title and in the CV section at the end of the paper.
- Article submission
- Decision about acceptance for review (around 2 weeks)
- Peer Review (around 6 weeks)
- If accepted, upload of final version will be required
- When the final version have been received, the paper will be scheduled – provisionally – for an issue
- Later: the page proof is announced
- The page proof will be sent (make sure you reply)
- Your paper will be published
All correspondence will be done with the corresponding author. She/he should use an institutional email address that works and check spam on a regular basis. The email address must be the same in the paper and in the article metadata in the journal.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
Publishing in iJES is free of charge.
Responsibility for the contents rests upon the authors and not upon the IAOE, its committees/boards or its members.
The submitting author warrants that the submission is original and that she/he is the author of the submission together with the named co-authors; to the extend the submission incorporates text passages, figures, data or other material from the work of others, the submitting author has obtained any necessary permission.
Articles in this journal are published under the Creative Commons Attribution Licence (CC-BY What does this mean?). This is to get more legal certainty about what readers can do with published articles, and thus a wider dissemination and archiving, which in turn makes publishing with this journal more valuable for you, the authors.
By submitting an article the author grants to this journal the non-exclusive right to publish it. The author retains the copyright and the publishing rights for his article without any restrictions.
This journal has been awarded the SPARC Europe Seal for Open Access Journals (What’s this?)
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
User data will never be distributed without the explicit permission of the user and, upon request, a user’s email address is removed from mailing lists. All data held about the user will be made available to the user upon request.